Real Happiness is a state of being that cannot be taken or shaken…without YOUR permission!
Imagine someone is trying to smother you by holding a pillow over your face. You’re struggling to breathe. You’re fighting with all of your strength to break free and breathe. If you can’t breathe you’ll die. You continue to struggle because you’re in survival mode.
I’m guessing your focus is fierce and your desire to breath is probably a pretty big priority for you! Yes or yes? In the same way, wanting and needing to breath must equal your desire for happiness. Happiness has to be a priority over anything and anyone else.
I remember sharing this analogy with a relative. He wasn’t in a good place and he came to me for advice. I shared my “suffocation” analogy and my cousin responded, “I guess I don’t want happiness that bad!” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Happiness wasn’t a priority on his “to do” list. I reminded myself, that’s the beauty of this world...different stokes for different folks…and so on and so on and shu be do be do be.
My FORMULA for Happiness
WANTING + BEHAVIOR + PATIENCE + TRUST = HAPPINESS
However, the following RULES apply:
1. YOUR HAPPINESS is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
2. You have to be OPEN and willing to embrace NEW thoughts & NEW ideas.
3. You have to be able to look in the mirror and be HONEST with YOUR contribution to YOUR unhappiness.
4. You cannot blame anyone or anything for YOUR unhappiness.
5. YOUR happiness has NOTHING to do with anything outside of YOURSELF.
Commit to your Happiness and I promise the following:
1. You’ll begin to relax. You’ll live your life with your shoulders down.
2. Your trust level rises. ANYTHING that happens is in ORDER. And EVERYTHING that happens and that has happened is for
3. You’ll discover NOTHING is serious.
4. You set a vibration for even more happiness.
5. Your wide array of TOXIC emotions like fear, sadness anger, irritation, resentment, jealously, rage (emotions that diminish happiness) will magically begin to loose their power. The emotions of happiness LOVE, gratitude, joy, contentment, lightness will begin to rock and rule your world.
And finally, you begin to smile… a lot! People are drawn to the uncontrollable radiant energy you’re emitting.
Be patient with yourself. New habits and ideas take time to integrate. ALL movement is progress. You’ll find that you move like the Queen in a chess match, forward, backwards, diagonal and sideways. ALL of your moves are labeled PROGRESS and happiness has no time limits to its progress.
Remember, Happiness is MORE than a feeling!
Written with Love and Gratitude for My Journey,
Rebecca L. Norrington
Host of Reality Spirituality
Every Sunday at Noon (PST)